Equality directives that bind Finland as a member of the European Union:
- Council Directive 79/7/EEC on the progressive implementation of the principle of equal treatment for men and women in matters of social security
- Council Directive 92/85/EEC on the introduction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health at work of pregnant workers and workers who have recently given birth or are breastfeeding
- Council Directive 2004/113/EC implementing the principle of equal treatment between men and women in the access to and supply of goods and services
- Directive 2006/54/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the implementation of the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment of men and women in matters of employment and occupation (recast)
- Council Directive 2010/18/EU implementing the revised Framework Agreement on parental leave concluded by Businesseurope, UEAPME, CEEP and the ETUC and repealing Directive 96/34/EC (Text with EEA relevance)
- Directive 2010/41/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on the application of the principle of equal treatment between men and women engaged in an activity in a self-employed capacity and repealing Council Directive 86/613/EEC
- Directive (EU) 2019/1158 of the European Parliament and of the Council on work-life balance for parents and carers and repealing Council Directive 2010/18/EU.